Information on inpatient care
If your attending physician has determined that hospitalized treatment is necessary, we will make an appointment for the date of admission after consultation (except in cases of emergency hospitalization).
Please be advised that the date of admission may not be decided immediately due to the reasons of the ward.
This hospital practices “team medical care” in all clinical departments, where multiple doctors, nurses, and paramedical staff exhibit their expertise.
System of nursing care is 7-to-1 care (in general ward), and the combination of treating nurse system and team nursing facilitates smooth nursing care.
Notification of hospitalization
We will notify you of the date of admission for patients who have made an appointment for admission. Please prepare yourself accordingly so that you are able to be admitted to the hospital as soon as you are notified.
◎Requests for patients who have made an appointment for admission
The hospital asks all patients to submit a “written oath for admission” as a separate document at the time of admission. This will require a cosigner, who lives in a different household to the family of the patient, and is an adult who maintains an independent livelihood, has the capacity for payment, and with verified identity. Please have the cosigner sign and affix seal on the written oath for admission, fill in the written oath on the day of admission and submit this to the Admission/Discharge Reception (reception counter 3 of the Medical Affairs Division).
*If you have any questions regarding “the written oath for admission” or the admission procedures, please contact the admission staff at the Medical Affairs Division of the hospital (phone: +81-55-273-1111, extension number 2186).
After receiving the notification for admission, please visit the hospital by 9:30 a.m. on the specified day and undergo admission procedure in the “Admission/Discharge Reception” of the Medical Affairs Division.
Items you must bring
- • Health insurance card, etc.
- Personal seal
- Written oath for admission (you will find this in the “guide to admission” which will be handed at the time of admission)
- Written opinions, medical tickets, Certificate of Eligibility for Ceiling-Amount Application (for patients eligible for publicly funded health care), etc.
o Please note that you will be required to pay the entire fee if you do not present your health insurance card.
o Please contact the Admission/Discharge Reception of the Medical Affairs Division immediately if the details on the health insurance card has changed during hospitalization, or changes have been made to the health insurance card due to retirement, etc. Please be advised that you may be required to pay the entire fee from the date of change onwards if you do not declare the changes.
o If the cause of your disorder is due to motor accident, work (industrial accident), fighting, etc. please notify the staff at the time of admission procedure.
Please proceed with the admission procedure as quickly as possible in case of emergency hospitalization.
Cancellation of hospitalization
If you wish to cancel the hospitalization for any reason, please contact the attending physician as soon as possible.
- A standard hospital room accommodates 4 people. Beds incurring an extra charge are not available, except in special rooms. The room contains bedside cabinet with a locker, television (used for a fee), and refrigerator (used for a fee).
- We may ask you to change rooms depending on the conditions of the patients.
- If you wish to stay in the special rooms (single room), please ask your doctor or the head nurse. We may not be able to meet your request as there are only a few rooms available. (The cost of special room is not covered by insurance. )
- If you do not wish to have your name displayed on the nameplate at the front of the room, please ask the ward nurse.
What needs to be brought to the hospital during hospitalization
Your doctor or nurse will explain what you will need to bring prior to admission. Please keep your luggage to a minimum. The following commodity will be required (these can also be purchased at the hospital kiosk).
- Toiletries (wash bowl, soap, toothbrush, tooth paste, shampoo, comb)
- Footwear (footwear with anti-skid sole or sneakers)
*Please bring footwear with soles that prevent slipping. Slippers may cause falling due to the easily slipping soles.
- Mug, chopsticks, spoon
- Towel, bath towels, underwear
- Tissue papers, etc.
Your attending physician
- Normally, a few doctors will cooperate as attending physicians in your treatment.
- The head doctor of the ward or the responsible doctor will conduct a round of visits periodically to enable better treatments.
- If the attending physician is absent, such as during nighttime and holidays, the doctor on duty will carry out treatments as required.
- Please ask for sufficient explanation regarding your own examinations and treatment.
- In order to protect the privacy regarding your disorder, please appoint a person from your family, etc. who will receive explanation on the disorder prior to admission.
- Please feel free to ask your doctor or nurse if you are unclear about something or have any requests.
In principle, you may not ask a person to assist to you during hospitalization.
However, assistance may be possible depending on the conditions of the patient. If you wish to have a person assist the patient, please ask the attending physician or the head nurse.
If you have any concerns regarding hospitalization, please consult the nurse in charge of inquiry.
Questions and concerns regarding hospitalization
If there are any questions or concerns regarding your disorder during hospitalization, please feel free to contact the inquiry office of Medical Care Networking Center, or your doctor or nurse.
- Whether you are entitled to publicly funded medical care, such as public health care to disabled children, medical care for premature babies, medical assistance for the adult handicapped, or livelihood protection.
(Please ask us about publicly funded medical care. )
- Whether you are eligible for industrial accidents.
- Your disorder has caused problems in the family or workplace.
- You have concerns about the payment of medical fee, etc.
Vehicle of the patient during hospitalization.
You may not park your vehicle in the hospital premises during the period of hospitalization. Please visit the hospital for admission by other means of transport.
If you have any medications that have been prescribed to you as an outpatient prior to hospitalization, or if you are taking any medication for other disorders, please bring them to the hospital and consult your doctor or nurse.
Cash and valuables.
- Please do not bring valuables or a large amount of cash to avoid theft.
- We cannot look after these at the nurse station or other locations.
- ATM is located next to the cafeteria on 1F.
- You may be discharged from the hospital with the permission of your attending physician. For details on the discharge, please follow the instructions of your attending physician or nurse.
- When leaving the hospital room, pleases present the receipt for the consultation fee at the nurse station.
- Please be advised that you may be asked to pay an additional fee after discharge due to administrative processes.
Requests regarding hospitalization.
- Due to the nature of this hospital as University of Yamanashi Hospital, practical training for medical students and nursing students takes place at this hospital. We may ask you to cooperate in such training. Practical training is carried out under the supervision of the medical instructor or nursing instructor.
- We will ask you to leave the hospital if you engage in any nuisance behavior (such as talking in loud voices) or antisocial behavior (verbal abuse, violence, sexual harassment).
- For safety management of patients in the hospital, please refrain from bringing blades (such as utility knives, scissors, and knives) and flammables (such as matches and cigarette lighters) into the hospital.
- If you wish to have medical certificate or other certificates issued, please ask the medical certificate reception counter. We ask you to visit the reception counter in the afternoon where possible, as the counter is busy with outpatient in the morning.
- If you require absentee voting according to the regulation in Article 49 of the Public Offices Election Act, please visit the hospital for admission after you have completed absentee voting. Also, if there is an election planned during long-term hospitalization, please notify the head nurse one week before the date of election.
- Please contact a nearby staff member if you have any opinions regarding the hospital or if you notice anything in the hospital. Also, please utilize the “patients’ voices” located on the hospital entrance (two locations) and day rooms of the hospital ward (all floors).
- We understand that you will experience many inconveniences during hospitalization; however, we ask you to concentrate on your treatment.